Travel Policy (Board Members & Board Officers) DLCB
Revised: 4-9-97 and 9-17-03
Revised: 6-11-08 (increase mileage reimbursement from .36 to .42)
The following Policy shall govern out-of-District travel of Board Members and officers if expenses are to be reimbursed by the Board of Education:
1. Any Board Member or officer traveling away from home on District business shall receive a per diem allowance for meals
at $35 for each day or fraction of a day away from home. This per diem allowance shall be paid to the Board Member or
officer regardless of the actual amount spent for meals. "Away from home" shall exclude all trips requiring neither sleep
2. Any meal expense incurred by a Board Member or officer while traveling on District business which would not be covered under Item #l will be reimbursed
at the rate of $8 for breakfast, $11 for lunch, and $16 for dinner.
3. Expense reimbursements are as follows:
a. Mileage will be reimbursed at .42 cents per mile in personal automobile.
b. When using other transportation, i.e., bus, air, train, etc., the Business Administrator will make the necessary arrangements and reimbursement will
be made for actual costs.
c. Motel cost will be the actual rate, but not to exceed $100 per night or best available rate as approved by the Business Administrator. This cost is for
in-State and out–of-State travel.
d. Any additional expenses will be borne by the participant.
4. When it appears that the per diem allowance of Item #1 will be inadequate to cover meal expenses at a particular location, the District may, at its sole
discretion with prior approval, elect to:
a. Increase the per diem allowance for travel away from home to a level reasonable for the particular location; or
b. Reimburse meal expenditures incurred at that particular location upon submission of appropriate documentation.
5. The Travel Expense Voucher (DLCC) must be completed and submitted before a check will be processed. Motel receipts must be attached.