Welcome back to school!!!
We hope you have enjoyed your summer. We are excited for a new year.
- The first day of school is August 20th starting at 8 am.
- School is excused each day at 2:20 p.m.
- For the first three Fridays (Aug. 21, 28 & Sept. 4) school will be excused at noon.
- Kindergarten will not start until Thursday, August 27th.
- Preschool will start Monday, Sept. 14th.
- Please bring a water bottle, mask and backpack.
- Know that we do not love all the changes we have had to make this year. We are extremely grateful that we are able to return to in-person learning. We will do whatever it takes to keep the school open.
- Regulations change daily. We will do our best to keep up and keep students safe.
First day of school
In the past many parents have walked with their students to class, I regret that we will not be able to allow this this year. We will have many adults at the front of the building waiting to take your child to class if they need assistance. Students will be able to meet their teacher at the back to school drive by on Wednesday, August 19 from 6-7. Teachers will hand out information and greet their new students.
Power School will be available on August 1st for you to log in and complete/edit your student/s online registration. Please complete registration as soon as possible. All registrations need to be completed by August 31, 2020. Registration works better on a computer or iPad. If you need access to a computer or iPad, please stop by the office between 8 a.m.- 3 p.m. We are happy to help you.
Please follow the instructions below to complete registration:
- Log into the South Sanpete School Website www.ssanpete.org
- Click on the link on the right sidebar that says: PowerSchool Login
- Log into your PowerSchool account. If you forgot your login information and need help contact the office. 435-528-7880
- Click on the left side that says online registration
- Click on your student’s name and complete their registration
- Complete all pages of registration.
- The last page will be shaded red, be sure to type your name and check the box before submitting (See below)
The duties of the Gunnison Valley Elementary Community Council are to advise and make recommendations to the school, school district administrators and the South Sanpete School Board regarding our school and our programs, district programs, and other issues relating to the environment of the school. The Community Council has six members; four parents, one teacher, and the principal. Membership on the Community Council is limited to parents of children who will be enrolled in Gunnison Valley Elementary School. Nominations for two parent positions may be submitted until September 16, 2020. Nominations to the Community Council may be done in writing or by phone 435-528-7880. Any parent of a child currently enrolled in Gunnison Valley Elementary School may make nominations. You may nominate yourself or someone else. Nominees will be contacted before their names are placed on the ballot. You can find more information on the website ssanpete.org. look under schools, Gunnison Valley Elementary, Parent Involvement.
The long-term consequences of concussions are a concern for parents and schools. The school board has adopted a policy dealing with concussions. The policy is available at www.ssanpete.org, policy JL. Our fourth and fifth graders play dodgeball, which has some risk of concussion associated with it. If you do not want your child to participate in dodgeball please contact the school.
General District Policies
The following are other policies you may be interested in. Again, they are found at www.ssanpete.org
* Student Conduct and Discipline Policy JG
* Attendance and Truancy Policy JE
* Electronic Devices Policy JGB
* Bullying and Hazing Policy JGA
School Accident Insurance
Student accident insurance is available for students. If you would like a flyer or more information please call the office.