District Technology Goals 2019-20
- District Supported Programs
Goal: The District Technology Department will trouble shoot and train on the following programs/applications:
- Apple TVs
- Apple Classroom
- Current testing platform
- Google tools
- Teacher Training
Goal: The District Technology Department will provide at least one district-wide training day a year for professional development in innovative uses of technology. In addition, ongoing training will be offered at each school.
- Professional Development day in September
- Additional day with Apple
- Classroom Teacher Support
Goal: The Instructional Technology Specialist will meet current needs of individual teachers and facilitate learning of best practices using technology.
- Digital Citizenship
Goal: The District Technology Department will send out resources once a month to teachers and staff. Teachers will build upon the monthly topic in their classes and incorporate the topic in their lessons.
- PLCT Meetings (Professional Learning Community of Technology)
Goal: Each building will hold technology meeting to address needs of the school and personnel. Findings will be reported to the District Technology Department
- Site Specialist and Principal – Once a week
- Site Specialist and District Technology Department – Once a month
- Site Specialist and Teachers – Once a month
- Technology Department and Program Directors – Once a month
- Technology Department and Superintendent – once a month or as needed
- iPads- This is the educational tool that is supported in the district. One to one in grades 3-12. All students have access to iPads.
Goal: Students will become increasingly proficient at using the iPad as an educational tool.
Goal: Four-year rotation of infrastructure, hardware and software.
Goal: Security of students, staff, teachers and administrations is always a concern. We at South Sanpete School District take it very seriously and are constantly educating personnel on how to enhance digital safety.
Goal: Technology tools will be evaluated on a regular basis to determine current needs, cost efficiency, and staying up to date with state requirements.